Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Patient Financial Reimbursement Analyst is responsible for improving collections and receivable performance for an assigned area of the company providing the link between the field patient intake process and Corporate Billing/ Collection.
- Provides an overall enhancement and a resource to the Field Call Center helping to streamline the patient financial process that not only enhances cash collection but allows the Call Center to improve patient intake performance.
- Reviews and monitors the patient financial intake process including system data entry, information gathering, and information tools that secures the best expectation of payment.
- Develops a system of controls and monitoring that tracks performance levels against established A/R and process goals.
- Prepares, analyzes and presents reports to Field and Corporate management reflecting the overall patient intake financial\receivable process effectiveness, trends, and areas of opportunity to improve collection and patient intake.
- Provides a focal point for account problem resolution between the Corporate Billing function and the Call Center/Field patient intake functions. This takes the form of helping to secure the reason for no or partial payment, documentation and information necessary to get the account paid, and correct system entry if required.
- Creates and sustains positive pro-active communication and a problem resolution process with field operations and corporate departments. This may include training staff on site or at Corporate to assure payment.
- Maintains and is seen as a patient financial resource to Call Center management and staff.
- Develops, nurtures, and communicates with dominant payer sources in their area of responsibility i.e. Government and Commercial carriers/intermediaries that allows the company to improve collections, remain compliant, and solve payment problems. Some travel may be required to payer locations and corporate to facilitate education, and process improvement.
- Establishes and maintains the appropriate system, contractual, and processing requirements that best facilitate proper payment through a payer source.
- Actively works with the Director of Patient Financial Services and local Marketing functions to improve patient intake efficiencies, improve census, and assure payment for services. This will require a review of new or modified carrier contracts and a working relationship with our Corporate Contract Management Function.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program