Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Senior Director of Revenue Cycle Management is responsible for both strategic alignment and daily oversight and management of claims processing, collections and payment functions for the organization. This position will establish effective claims management processes and controls to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of claim submissions, collections efforts and payment distribution in compliance with all regulations. Additionally, this position will proactively identify, develop and execute critical process improvement initiatives to drive best practice performance and favorably impact accounts receivable, cash acceleration and net revenue.
- Organizes and directs all activities to ensure control and management of patient accounts receivable, which includes charge capture, claims production, claims scrubbing, billing, collections, customer service, denial management , cash posting, and follow-up on collection services
- Implements and manages efficient and effective operational policies, processes, and best practices within the functions of the revenue cycle.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of revenue cycle and regulatory requirements associated with governmental, managed care and commercial payers.
- Serves as the subject-matter expert on regulatory, compliance, and legal requirements associated with medical billing and CMS. Ensures compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and directives from regulatory agencies and third-party payers.
- Leads the development and implementation of revenue strategizes to maximize profitability
- Develops and maintains internal controls to target revenue recovery throughout the organization by identifying charge capture, coding, and reimbursement problems then recommending / implementing solutions.
- Assists in identification of new technologies that will improve departmental operations. Identify and communicate overall strategy for improvements to the revenue management cycle.
- Ensure all critical business needs and requirements are identified and met with automated/manual processes.
- Ensures the integration and alignment of revenue cycle management operational activities to drive standardization, and to streamline and increase operational efficiency.
- Acts as liaison with internal and external business partners and departments.
- Manage payer data to determine denial and underpayment trends to accomplish business objectives.
- Oversee resubmission of denials and ensures that department is maximizing reimbursement to efficiently lower A/R and speed up revenue cycle
- Administer "data mining" and in-depth accounts receivable analysis
- Works collaboratively with the VP of Revenue Cycle to support department initiatives.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place to recruit, develop and maintain a competent and productive team; responsible for staff development and related goal setting/performance standard with the Revenue Cycles managers and staff.
- Decision making in regards to recruits, selects and orients/manages staff.
- Daily focus on attaining productivity standards, recommending new approaches for enhancing performance and productivity when appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned and/or appropriate to the work described herein or as it relates to being a senior leader in the organization.
- Creates a model that supports the organization's mission and values based on an internal and external needs assessment.
- Monitors the internal/external environment and identifies opportunities to fulfill the corporate strategy.
- Sets priorities for planning activities for assigned unit.
- Serves as strategic liaison for key organizational initiatives between business units and their customers, both internal and external.
- Assesses current models of business operations and develops appropriate new models as needed.
- Participates in policy development.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program