VITAS Healthcare has an immediate opening for a Per Diem Registered Dietitian!
The Dietitian provides nutritional services (including counseling) to persons who are terminally ill and to their families so that the quality of life might be enhanced.
- Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Making home or inpatient visits to assess the nutritional needs of hospice patients and to plan a suitable diet that is consistent with the patient's needs.
- Providing in-service education of members of the patient care team.
- Teaching patients and families to prepare attractive meals.
- Preparing a written plan of dietary care as part of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Meeting with the interdisciplinary team whenever acting as consultant to the patient/family.
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program