Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for the strategic development and day-to-day management of VITAS’ physical space providing executive leadership for the management of capital resources dedicated to the acquisition and construction of facilities that support the growth of the organization. Responsible for facilities maintenance operations throughout VITAS Healthcare.
- Implement a comprehensive approach to developing and managing the physical environment at each of our facilities
- Lead, facilitate, and contribute to the work of deliverables related to overall facilities planning and design, space management, real estate transactions, and projects with third-party developers
- Serve as a contributing member of the leadership team and lead facilities management initiatives that will support strategic goals and objectives. Develop and implement long-term plans and short-term goals in furtherance of the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
- Demonstrate an understanding of operational and strategic links between segments of the organization, which facilitate interdisciplinary planning, problem solving, and improvements.
- Assess current operational business models and develop appropriate new models as needed while participating in policy development.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders groups, vendors and contractors, community and governmental agencies, outside technical support providers to maintain a network of support improving existing properties under management and assure awareness of new opportunities.
- Lead new projects, including acquisitions, planning, and building management; review design and functionality of new development projects with developers and construction managers.
- Contribute to the delivery of strategic and operational objectives by reducing facility costs, improving productivity, revenue generating capacity, and image of the organization.
- Lead the development of financial plans for each property that focus on break-even or “profit” that can be re-invested into property upgrades or to current projects. Monitor the internal/external environment and identify opportunities to fulfill the corporate strategy.
- Play a lead role in preparing and administering departmental and program budgets. Assume ownership of key planning, budgeting and forecasting processes for areas of responsibility; monitor financial performance through key indicators and succeed in achieving maximum results with budgeted resources.
- Prioritize resource utilization against key indicators and operational needs; use cost-benefit and value assessment to set or change priorities and engage staff in efficient utilization of resources and reduction of waste.
- Accountable for approvals from land use planning authorities, zoning boards, building code regulators, and other governmental or quasi-governmental oversight agencies.
- Manage all property and capital assets ensuring that each property is properly maintained with a focus on providing financially self-sustainable solutions.
- Administer the physical plant of all properties, ensuring that properties and grounds are clean and well-tended and that each property sets aside funds for predictable maintenance and upgrades.
- Oversee all appropriate insurances, inspections, and fees to municipalities and service providers.
- Lead facilities’ maintenance operations of building(s) and property with integration of processes within the organization to maintain and develop services that support and improve the effectiveness of hospice care.
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess the physical, financial, regulatory, and other challenges and risks of undertaking each new project; develop high assessment standards and periodically assess and rank properties, particularly in reference to best practices with the existing projects,
- Develop effective teams by attracting highly skilled employees, integrating employees into the organization, and developing and retaining team members to meet current and future business objectives. Maximize resources to provide employees with tools, resources and an environment to succeed.
- Approve personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure proper staffing.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program