Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for clinical workforce development and training in collaboration with subject matter experts both internal and external and in conjunction with other Vitas departments to create a unified clinical orientation and ongoing education model.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create a clinical development and training model
• Conducts Clinical Needs Assessments as needed for various employee groups in a timely, thorough and efficient manner.
• Collaborates with clinical subject matter experts (internal or external) in delivering appropriate, timely and quality clinical educational opportunities related to orientation and ongoing education
• Set priorities for planning activities for assigned team
• Participate in standard and policy development.
• Participates in overseeing clinical development and training for new employee orientation and ongoing education.
• Leads the clinical workforce development and training team in developing and maintaining curriculum guidelines and educational opportunities for Vitas.
• Participates in oversight of the coordination and functionality of the learning management system.
• Conducts training sessions as needed
• Travel as needed
• 5-7 years’ experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
• Learning Management System experience strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PPT required.
• Comfortable with use of Media Equipment.
• Registered Nursing experience in healthcare setting, hospice preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Organization Development, Training, Human Resources, Business and/or a related area of study required.
• Active Registered Nurse License