Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Admissions Coordinator is a customer service professional who facilitates the conversion of referrals to admissions through the completion of the intake process and the use of effective communication, technology and customer service skills. An Admissions Coordinator interacts with patients and families, referral sources and program staff to enable the start of care for VITAS patients.
- Process new referrals that arrive by telephone, email, fax and website inquiries, in the manor best fitting the needs of the referral source.
- Responsible for routine follow up on multiple lists of pending patient charts daily.
- Enter accurate information to support data integrity and maximize the likelihood of reimbursement.
- Verify Medicare and Medicaid hospice benefits.
- Notify Managed Care Department of commercial insurances and managed health care plans.
- Notify the Marketing Representatives of each new referral outside of the working hours the Program Scheduler, 8pm-8am local time and weekends.
- Call patients and families and offer a same day appointment to ensure a timely admission.
- Seek assistance of the Program Scheduler to determine appropriate staffing and coverage for appointment needs during the hours of 8am-8pm local time, Monday through Friday.
- Explain hospice benefits and services to patients and families as needed.
- Assign appointments to VITAS Admissions Representatives and provide them with appointment report outside of the hours the Program Scheduler is working, 8pm-8am local time and weekends.
- Complete admission consent paperwork as needed.
- Update referral sources on the status of their referred patients when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Take report from VITAS Admissions Representatives and accurately document the outcome.
- Verify discharge plans and facilitate the delivery of Home Medical Equipment prior to discharge.
- Supports coworkers and encourages a sense of team work amongst peers.
- Provide training and mentoring to new team members as assigned.
- Other duties and special projects as determined by the department supervisor or director.
- Participate in morning check in meeting with the Program Scheduler to review staffing/scheduling needs for the day.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program