Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
VITAS is looking for an Registered Nurse (RN) Team Manager for its Mid-west call center.
The Team Manager is the leader of the Patient Care Team that ensures that patients and families receive continuity and quality of care from admission to discharge or transfer to bereavement.
- Directs all patient care services for the team ensuring that services are rendered as integrated components of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Collaborates with the team physician and the attending and/or following physician as needed and acts as the clinical resource for the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in all potential alive discharges to ensure effective discharge planning.
- Oversees the team schedules and ensures coordination of services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all patients on the team.
- Fills in and provides patient care within their scope of practice during times of need.
- Ensures the interdisciplinary team adheres to policy, procedure and standards.
- Interview, hire, train, supervise, coach and mentor interdisciplinary team staff and other direct reports.
- Assures staff competency and performance levels through field observation visits, review of documentation and interaction with the employee.
- Acts as a resource and mentor for interdisciplinary staff regarding clinical, documentation, and customer service expectations.
- Monitors the type and level of team services provided (staffing, medications, HME, supplies, level of care changes to inpatient and continuous care, etc.) to ensure that they are provided per the Plan of Care in an efficient manner to patient/family.
- Reviews payroll, ensuring that employees have documented, accurately utilizing appropriate VRU codes and mileage
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Monitors clinical records and all team activities to ensure that they are accurate, complete and meet required standards in accordance with VITAS policy, VITAS standards and all regulatory bodies.
- Participates in performance improvement activities in response to service issues and challenges, and documentation issues
- Participates in and complies with the QAPI program.
- Assists as requested by program senior management team with surveys and requests from regulatory bodies and intermediaries
- Performs required chart reviews to ensure quality care is being delivered and documentation standards are being met.
- Ensures that service issues with patients/families, internal customers are resolved timely and satisfactorily.
- Analyzes customer service issues on team to identify causes and works with individual team members as well as entire team to improve performance.
- Actively participates in potential revocations or service concerns including but not limited to speaking to patients/family, physician, Team, Senior Management to avoid unnecessary revocations or resolve service concerns.
- Regularly visits long term care, assisted living facilities, and contract bed facilities to assure care plan integration, team member oversight, customer satisfaction and to identify facility needs.
- Participates in providing education to customers; also in professional, voluntary or community service organizations.
- Verifies treatments, staffing and supplies.
- Monitors resources and utilization of clinical operations including but not limited to labor, pharmacy, medical supplies, equipment and mileage.
- Approves all bills/invoices related to patient care services.
- Oversees staff and volunteer schedules, scheduling and territory assignments to assure that workload is distributed equitably and that all staff are able to meet overall productivity expectations.
- Attends in-services, educational seminars and workshops.
- Develops and achieve professional growth goals and objectives.
- Participates as a mentor of newly hired Team Managers.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program