Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
The Program Scheduler is responsible for facilitating the conversion of referrals to admissions through the completion of the intake process with the use of effective communication, technology, and customer service skills while acting as a liaison between the Admissions Manager, the call center AC, referral sources, families, and hospice presentation program Admission Staff.
- Process new referrals that arrive directly to the program in the manor best fitting the needs of the referral source.
- Participates in morning check in meeting with designated Admissions Coordinator to review staffing/scheduling needs for the day. Call to be completed prior to 9am local time.
- Participates in morning check-in meeting with Admissions Manager to review staffing/scheduling needs for the day. Check-in to be completed prior to 9am local time.
- Provides a concierge level of customer service to every caller by implementing the VITAS Call Center Quality Management standards of call scripting
- Supports Admissions team to exceed program goals.
- Establishes a rapport and maintains an effective relationship with all internal and external Vitas customers.
- Enters accurate information to support data integrity in VITAS computer applications.
- Responds accurately to all questions received regarding services provided by Vitas.
- Offers and/or confirms a same day appointment and/or the appointment time that is as close as possible based on the request of the patient and/or referral source to ensure a timely admission.
- Escalates matters to Admissions Manager when assistance or clarification is needed.
- Follows the VITAS Admissions Standard for contingency staffing
- Participates in ongoing training and development based on the changing healthcare environment.
- Notifies Admissions Staff of all scheduled appointments within their working hours of 8am-8pm local time.
- Notifies VITAS Marketing Representatives of all new referrals within their working hours of 8am-8pm local time.
- Utilizes Appointments Everywhere to effectively facilitate the scheduling/updating of appointments.
Full-time, 40 hours per week, variable days - 11am to 8pm