Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits
Responsible for coordinating and directing the design, planning, construction, maintenance, and improvements of inpatient units in various contracted settings by performing the following duties personally or through others.
- Expedient response to programs’ requests for evaluation of potential space, company wide.
- Plan, budget, and schedule facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
- Review existing floor plans and usage of space to support inpatient unit development, expansion, or relocation; make recommendation on usage.
- Assist in developing of long range plans, conceptual designs, capital outlay requirements and documentation for facilities.
- Formulate and coordinate program specifications, requirements for proposals, contracts, and associated documents.
- Inspect construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications, State and Federal Hospice Regulations, and Building Code requirements.
- Work closely with Operation Management (VP/GM) to ensure compliance with VITAS standards and hospice regulations.
- Interface with program leadership and staff during all phases of development, expansion, or relocation.
- Ensure compliance with the Tenant improvement scope of work developed by VITAS.
- Review HVAC systems and other Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing systems with Engineer where required.
- Coordinates installation of cabling for IT support in Inpatient Units.
- Recommend contractors if required; oversee and direct contractors, sub-contractors and maintenance personnel engaged in equipment installation, facilities equipment repair, and preventive maintenance.
- Coordinates all activities with architects, engineers, designers, vendors and host facility.
- Manages selection and purchase of furniture and finishes through VITAS’ national vendor for locations as required.
- Review invoices prior to presentation for approval as they pertain to the purchasing function.
- Utilize capital appropriation system as it pertains to the purchasing function,
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program