The Warehouse Technician of Home Medical Equipment is responsible for the operation of the warehouse including cleaning/disinfecting, maintenance, testing service of medical equipment and record keeping of such, inventory of supplies, and shipping for Vitas HME Solutions, Inc. The Warehouse Technician shall be available to perform the Medical Service Technician position when necessary.
- Receive, identify and label medical equipment.
- Maintain proper storage of equipment and supply inventory.
- Coordinate equipment and supply inventory levels and communicate with HME staff.
- Maintain oxygen refill files.
- Perform warehouse cleaning and overall maintenance.
- Computer literate for accurate maintenance entries
- Deliver, set-up, service and pick-up medical equipment and related supplies to/from patient's residence.
- Provide instruction and education material to the patient and/or caregiver(s) on the operation, cleaning, and maintenance of medical equipment. Obtain a return demonstration to ensure understanding.
- Transport, handle and route medical equipment according to Vitas HME policies and procedures to comply with infection control, equipment maintenance, and safety.
- Function within federal, state, local, Vitas HME and professional guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within Vitas.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and nonscheduled maintenance of equipment.
- Complete performance and safety checks on equipment at the time of delivery.
- Perform structural/environmental, safety, and patient assessments as related to equipment and participate with the IDT care plan.
- Practice safe and proper body mechanics relative to transporting, lifting and set-up of medical equipment.
- Adhere to all safety and security policy and procedures
- Load and Unload equipment safely to assure no damage or injury.
- Present equipment education to a level of understanding by patients/families.
- Immediately report to the Technicians immediate Supervisor, equipment/patient issues and needs.
Full-time, Monday to Friday with weekend and on call rotation
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program