Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Completes initial and on-going comprehensive physical and psychosocial assessment of the patient and family to identify needs and areas for intervention.
- Ensures appropriate referrals to specialists when indicated and support adherence to treatment plan, including physician visits for evaluation and on-going management.
- Assists patients in accessing appropriate services and resources in the community to improve their overall health and well-being.
- Educates patient and family to enhance understanding of disease processes and plan of care, including discussion of treatment options to ensure informed decision making.
- Provides emotional support and counseling to patients and their families to improve transitions, adjustment to illness and adherence to treatment plan.
- Evaluates the patient’s physical and emotional recovery after treatment utilizing appropriate resources as needed.
- Empowers patients to take control of their health care by encouraging appropriate goal-setting and discussions about advance care planning/development of advance directives.
- Builds relationships with other clinicians involved in the patients’ care.
- Promotes patient-centered approach to care.
- Partners with healthcare team to manage transitions of care between hospital, primary and specialty care.
- Facilitates proactive discharge planning or follow-up to promote better outcomes, decreased length of stay and reduced readmission rates.
- Protects patient rights to privacy and safeguard confidentiality when releasing patient information.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program