Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the warehouse including all aspects of the equipment and medical supplies. Daily delivery routes, vehicle inspections, vehicle inventory levels, records keeping and proper documentation of oxygen cylinders. Responsible for performance reviews on warehouse lead technician and warehouse technicians.
- Educate and train the warehouse tech/MST on their job responsibilities.
- Maintain equipment inventory levels, create and submit orders of needed equipment to HME Manager.
- Maintain supply inventory levels, create and submit orders of needed supplies to the HME Manager.
- Maintain Oxygen Cylinder tracking logs. Make sure all staff is properly educated on the process.
- Review monthly cleaning and pest control schedules with warehouse tech.
- Make sure all new equipment received is identified and labeled correctly.
- Computer literate for accurate maintenance entries
- Schedule daily preventative maintenance into MST route
- Review equipment issues with the warehouse tech.
- Provide instruction and education to the staff on proper techniques on storing and securing equipment.
- Obtain a return demonstration to ensure understanding.
- Educate on the proper way to transport, handle and route medical equipment according to HME policies and procedures to comply with infection control, equipment maintenance, and safety.
- Educate HME staff on proper equipment operation.
- Review documentation of monthly and annual scheduled maintenance of equipment.
- Review maintenance schedule to make sure all equipment is serviced correctly and completely.
- Complete performance and safety checks on equipment at time of delivery.
- Educate warehouse and MST’s on safe and proper body mechanics relative to transporting, lifting and set-up of medical equipment.
- Review that warehouse and delivery techs adhere to all safety and security policy and procedures.
- Wear Steel-toed shoes as supplied by VITAS HME Solutions.
- Educate and review that delivery techs operate vehicles according to HME policies and procedures to assure compliance with OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Perform daily visual inspections of vehicles to assure safety.
- Responsible for the cleaning and service notice of vehicles.
- Load and unload equipment safely to assure no damage or injury.
- Responsible for monthly fleet inspections
- Attend and participate in related Company meetings and/or committees.
- Attend and successfully complete oxygen concentrator operation/service programs.
- Completion of all required training during first year of employment as outlined in Career Pathway.
- Perform other job duties as requested to include AOC.
Monday through Saturday, flexible hours