Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Director Financial Reporting & Analytics is responsible for production of complex financial, statistical, operational, analyses and reports. In addition production of executive level presentations. Develops financial models, monitoring tools, issues recurring reports & analyses. Participates in budget and forecasting processes.
- Produces recurring reporting & analytics related to the following actual and forecasted financial areas:
- EBITDA analysis, total company cash flow, balance sheet, working capital, return on invested capital, return on equity, debt & interest and capital expenditures, 10k statistics, Estimates, and Medicare Hospice Capitation.
- Prepare and or participate in preparing Corporate and field presentations / analysis associated with the following:
- Annual Business Plan, Quarterly Budgets, company, divisional and financial leadership meetings, President’s and annual leadership meetings.
- Obtain an in-depth working knowledge of the following financial areas:
- Hospice reimbursement, Medicare capitation, quarterly statistics & talking points, earnings release preparation and analysis.
- Participates, provides support for:
- Acquisition analysis and financial systems integration
- Cognos Financial Dashboard updates and application development
- Cognos Planning (TM1) object maintenance and model development
- Provide specifications for key financial data captured in the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and IBM COGNOS Planning (TM1).
- Apply advanced analytical and Microsoft Excel modeling skills to provide management trend and impact analyses including regulatory changes to the Medicare Hospice benefit, start-up and acquisition modeling.
- Responsible for the collection and reporting of company’s key financial data, 10k data, Medicare capitation analyses, monthly, and quarterly financial close reporting.
- Leads and manages complex finance projects, working collaboratively across the organization.
- Lead, develop and direct workflow of up to 2 initial direct reports
- Create a model that supports the organization's mission and values based on an internal and external needs assessment.
- Monitor the internal/external environment and identify opportunities to fulfill the corporate strategy.
- Set priorities for planning activities for assigned unit.
- Serve as strategic liaison for key organizational initiatives between business units and their customers, both internal and external.
- Assess current operational business models and develop appropriate new models as needed.
- Approve personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure proper staffing
- Participate in policy development.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program