Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The VITAS Nurse is a member of the interdisciplinary team and is the pivotal person in identifying the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of the patient and family. Responsible for initiating the appropriate intervention and support for the patient and family upon admission to VITAS and provides a continuously appropriate, comprehensive and responsive plan of care. Responsibilities include:
- Provides skilled nursing as determined by the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Assesses physical and psychosocial status of patients and families.
- Educates patients, families and other care persons in appropriate care techniques.
- Coordinates the patient’s and family’s care and services with those of the team Social Worker, Chaplain, Volunteer and Physician.
- Provides accurate documentation with visit itineraries.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program