Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The VITAS Healthcare Senior Admissions Coordinator is a customer service professional who facilitates the conversion of referrals to admissions through the completion of the intake process and the use of effective communication, technology and customer service skills. An Admissions Coordinator interacts with patients and families, referral sources and program staff to enable the start of care for VITAS patients.
- Must fulfill all duties and responsibilities of the Admissions Coordinator position.
- Performs additional, elevated opening, closing, and Intake operations AC tasks.
- Functions as a positive, professional role model and set the example for ACs in the performance of all AC duties and responsibilities.
- Supports the VITAS Mission, Core Values, and Care Connection Center cultural platforms at all times.
- Does not support or partake in any inappropriate, unprofessional, or gossip like conversations at any time in the Care Connection Center.
- Is a strong mentor for all new ACs throughout their onboarding and probationary period of employment.
- Supports ongoing development of all ACs in coordination with all Care Connection Center initiatives and programs.
- Supports Telecare Operations with Sr. Patient Care Coordinator responsibilities as needed
- Takes the initiative in developing effective relationships with the Care Connection Center and all other department teams.
- Immediately escalates any and all concerns and/or needs to the appropriate Care Connection Center management team member
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program