Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
The HME Delivery Technician is an entry level position whose primary responsibilities include: driving a 14 foot box truck, delivery-pick up of home medical equipment, education and assessment to patients who are terminally ill. Ability to lift 100 pounds on a regular basis, work in a fast-paced environment, computer proficiency, strong written and verbal communication skills, and a valid driver’s license. On-call work hours are required. This position requires the ability to work independently. Must adhere to Company, Federal, State and local regulations and compliance.
- Responsible for delivering, set-up, service and pick-up of medical equipment and related supplies to and from patient’s residence and skilled facilities.
- Provide instruction and education material to the patient/or caregiver(s) on the operation, cleaning, and maintenance of medical equipment.
- Transport, handle and route medical equipment according to Vitas HME Solutions policies and procedures to comply with infection control, equipment maintenance, and safety.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and non-scheduled maintenance of equipment.
- Complete performance safety checks on equipment at the time of delivery.
- Perform structural/environmental, safety, and patient assessments as related to equipment and participate with the IDT care plan.
- May clean and disinfect medical equipment as needed
- Load and unload equipment safely to assure no damage or injury.
- Utilize transport devices provided by Vitas HME Solutions
- Maintain accurate Vitas HME Solutions records in accordance with Vitas HME Solutions policies and procedures, i.e., patient equipment delivery/pick-up/service forms, vehicle reports, manifests, and patient needs.
- Present equipment education to a level of understanding by patients/families.
- Provide internal HME Staff with training on home medical equipment.
- May assists less experienced MSTs by providing guidance and counseling on job duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to all VITAS and VITAS HME Policies
Full-time, four 10 hour days, with rotating weekend and on call.