Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The VITAS Healthcare Telecare LPN is a member of the interdisciplinary team who is responsible for identifying the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of those patients and families needing assistance during alternate hours. All clinical tasks for this supporting position will be performed under the collaboration and direction of the Telecare RN as needed.
- Provides clinical assessment and intervention utilizing the nursing process, VITAS Palliative Care Guide, and Triage Protocols.
- Coordinates all service delivery after hours including patient and family education, dispatching of interdisciplinary visits, and coordination of services with external vendors and resources as needed.
- Provides support and collaboration with Telecare staff to ensure favorable patient outcomes.
- Provides bereavement support to families.
- Documents interactions with patients, families, contacts, and vendors in the patient record to include the assessment, plan of care, caller agreement to the plan, any actions and interventions and the resolution of each patient/family interaction.
- Participates in the orientation of new team members as assigned by the supervising manager.
- Attends regularly scheduled in-services, staff meetings, and educational conferences.
- Develops and achieves professional growth goals and objectives and reviews with supervising manager on a monthly basis.
- Represents nursing and VITAS Healthcare in a positive manner.
- Seeks certification in the specialty of hospice nursing when qualified to do so.
- Instructs and documents appropriate use of medications, home medical equipment and supplies.
- Appropriately utilizes the resources of contract personnel such as Pharmacy, HME, agency staff, and transportation services.
- Promotes a customer service-oriented approach to care delivery.
- Supports and promotes all Care Connection Center cultural platforms
- Compliance with all departmental standards, policies, and procedures with training and education, management of the workload, disaster planning, attendance, adherence, and quality standards
- Supports the VITAS Mission, Core Values, and Care Connection Center cultural platforms at all times.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program