Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
The Supervisor of Continous Care is responsible for the supervision of the appropriate staffing of continuous care (CC) patients utilizing available staff and resources; the reconciling of payroll to ensure accurate and timely payroll and billing; and comply with VITAS policies, procedures, and standards utilized in the care of continuous care patient and families.
- Take requests for continuous care staff from the teams for patients starting or stopping continuous care and assist with all incoming calls
- Staff existing and new CC patients according to the needs of the patient and the Medicare guidelines
- Evaluate the best match for staffing, taking into account continuity of care for patients and distance from employee’s place of residence to the patient. Notify staff of any changes in assignment
- Notify and schedule agency staff for any additional open cases after all full-time, part-time, and per diem employees have been assigned
- Enter the employee schedules into the CC Scheduling Module, notifying team of any unstaffed CC shifts
- Run and evaluate reports to assist in the management of ensuring employees are working the required number of hours per week required by job class and to assist with the management of overtime hours managing labor costs and agency usage
- Complete the Continuous Care Time Sheet Logs to verify time reported against payroll. Notify Team Manager/ PCA with discrepancies as needed.
- Complete the payroll reconciliation process and make any necessary corrections to ensure CC hours are billed appropriately
- Complete the per diem report and evaluate/recommend improvements to prevent avoidable per diem days.
- Maintain and analyze reports to identify data such as missing hours, after hour shift changes, etc. to stay in accordance with corporate strategy.
- Track agency compliance for completing the Agency Staff Record and document agency employees who are eligible to work on the Agency Staff Log while maintaining the Do Not Use List for agency
- Ensure CC Home Charts are compiled correctly and available for the teams to maintain efficiency and accuracy.
- Complete employee schedules according to the needs of the patients and supply employees with next month’s schedule by the middle of the current month
- Assist with HR compliance, including PTO requests utilizing the PTO Accrual Report, monitor tardiness, and unscheduled PTO. Update phone lists, as needed.
- Track and ensure compliance with Hospice Aide 12 Hours of annual in-services
- Supervise Continuous Care Staffing Coordinators as first-level leadership implementing strategies, processes, and guidelines
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow
- Evaluate and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates
- Observe and evaluate employees and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service is met
- Provide feedback regarding personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure proper staffing
- Attend meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required
Full-time, Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM