Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
The Admissions Coordinator is a customer service person who facilitates the conversion of referrals to admissions through the completion of the intake process and the use of effective phone and customer service skills
- Process referrals to assure pre-qualifying of patients efficiently
- Conduct telemarketing to support the achievement of sales goals and decrease the number of “NTUC’s” (Not Taken Under Care’s)
- Communicate effectively with referral sources and team members to support the business partnerships being developed by the sales team
- Analyze referral/admissions data and prepare assigned reports
- Established positive relationships with insurers and manages care entities: third party payers, case managers, etc.
- Obtain complete and accurate information to facilitate the admissions process and to maximize the likelihood of reimbursement of VITAS.
- Maintain clinical and professional competence
- Demonstration of the principles of effective communication
- Ability to develop and apply effective customer service skills
- Ability to develop VITAS clinical knowledge base
- Ability to develop and apply productive negotiation skills and establish effective customer relationships
- General understanding of patient accounting impact of the admission process
- Positive recommendation from supervisor to Director of Admissions