Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for leading and directing the people and processes that facilitate the integration of information technology into Revenue Cycle operations including but not limited to process redesign, development of key performance metrics, and implementation of solutions to facilitate optimal revenue cycle efficiencies. The position will collaborate with Revenue Cycle Managers and Senior Directors to standardize Revenue Cycle practices and analytics across the system, in accordance with compliance guidelines and established organizational goals and vision.
- Design and implement strategies that will work to maximize cash flows, improve processes, and minimize claim denials.
- Analyze data to create reports and metrics required for strategic resource placing within the department.
- Performs quality control of system enhancements by acting as a subject matter expert for the IT department.
- Develops and coordinates training for system enhancements and project implementations.
- Reviews third party payer bulletins and contracts. Evaluates and communicates required system changes to follow payer guidelines.
- Re-evaluate system functionality, processes and procedures to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies through better processes and automation
- Work closely with technology team in resolving any system related issues and developing business requirements needed to enhance functionality
- Investigate and resolve accounts where outstanding balances were created due to system issues.
- Generate reports to measure/ manage staff and department performance.
- Participate on the denial management team to analyze denial reports and utilize findings to modify revenue cycle processes and system functionality.
- Implement systems enhancements as requested by payers to ensure correct billing configurations.
- Remain current with trends, regulatory requirements and business strategies related to the revenue cycle.
- Plans, organizes, and controls the activities related to the assigned function
- Organizes, manages, and directs the work of the employees in the assigned function
- Oversees the assignment of duties, and responsibilities to employees
- Observes and evaluates employees and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met
- Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to subordinates to strengthen their current performance and prepare them for future advancement
- Approves personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure proper staffing
- Provides approval for overtime needs
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program