Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Regional Director Market Development is responsible for developing and leading a regional team of market sales leaders and their respective sales teams, creating and executing strategic opportunities to grow sales, and collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure high quality offering of services.
Development of Directors of Market Development and Sales Teams in Region
- Provides guidance, coaching and direction for Directors of Market Development (DMD) within portfolio. Develops each team member and actively coaches them in sales conversations and techniques guided by VITAS DMD Core Competencies.
- Provides timely program visit summary to Director of Market Development, General Manager and Regional Leadership team for actionable growth opportunities for the DMD and Sales efforts of the local market
- Supports new hire DMDs along with continued development and growth for current DMD team
- Provides insights to creating positive culture of growth and development in regional sales division for purposes of retention.
- Participates in interview process by providing detailed feedback to ensure appropriate talent acquisition.
- Models positive behaviors in interactions with DMDs in order to empower leadership competencies. On occasion, may ride with representatives to assess DMD coaching and provide feedback.
- Responsible for customizing specific sales trainings based on market assessments as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Sales.
- Routinely attends and participates sales meetings and Quarterly POA meetings.
- Identification of strengths in the regional sales division to create synergies and mentorship opportunities across region.
Set Expectations and Lead Accountability of Directors of Market Development and Sales Representatives in Region
- Leads the development of the overall sales strategy for the region including definition of the goals and objectives. Defines the manner and style in which each market will be positioned in the respective market place.
- Proactively assesses and provides feedback of DMD adherence to VITAS DMD Core Responsibilities and progression of DMD Core Competencies
- Subject matter expert on sales compensation and associated rules. Ensures accountability and adherence to these rules.
- Verifies DMDs to compliance and prompt, accurate submission of deliverables. Provides consistent feedback to ensure continued improvements
- Reviews and provides detailed feedback on DMD Quarterly Sales Plans and associated analysis.
- Provides guidance and approvals related to goal forecasting for sales representatives
- Assesses each program’s progress on the execution of the strategic plans, noting positive and negative performance issues and a course of action.
- Proactively sets strategy goals for underperforming markets.
- Ensures DMDs are SMEs in sales process, hospice, and healthcare industry, leading by example for respective sales team.
Drive and Execute Goal Attainment and Growth in the Regional Portfolio
- Provides leadership to set the direction for the regional team to achieve targeted sales numbers and successfully execute on the goals and strategies for the market.
- Develops strategies and drives the execution of them for consistent goal attainment and growth. Tracks progress to goal and able to adjust accordingly.
- Proficient in developing solutions based on ability to assess areas of opportunity and weakness through analysis, consulting with local market and capitalizing on resources and market opportunities to drive and execute the strategy.
- Develop and maintain personal sales accounts to develop stronger regional partnership opportunities.
- Addresses disengagement and indifference by presenting an achievable and compelling alternative.
- Flexibility to step into DMD role in short intervals during DMD openings.
Collaborate with Regional Leadership Team and Internal Stakeholders
- Strong communication and collaboration with Regional Team including Vice President of Operations, Regional Medical Director and National Patient Care Administrator to develop strategies, define accountability, and execute as team.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders throughout the organization including partnering with marketing, patient care, clinical and compliance to execute business strategies.
- Collaborates with local market General Manager, Medical Director to best understand operational opportunities that drive sales.
- Makes recommendations to the VP of Sales and Senior VP of Operations on the sales division as well as strategies.
- Identify areas were cross-functional team members should be included in the sales process.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program