Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Director Financial Clearance is responsible for administering, coordinating, and reviewing the performance of all financial clearance activities across the organization, including insurance verification, prior authorization, financial counseling and clearance, and registration for hospice services. This leader seeks to identify and implement new and emerging strategies to increase efficiency, improve processes, and enhance the patient experience. As part of achieving these goals, identifies opportunities to work with leaders in other areas including program operations, corporate compliance, clinical services, case management, and Patient Financial Services (PFS) to ensure regulatory compliance, increase care coordination, and improve process efficiency between departments and entities.
- Organizes, manages, and directs the work efforts of those responsible for performing insurance verification and authorization.
- Foresee and mitigate any significant issues/risks in the pre-billing areas (e.g., pre-registration delays, prior-authorization backlogs, lack of payor source or coverage information, eligibility and registration related claims rejections and denials, etc.).
- Propose innovative ideas including technological solutions to enhance operational efficiencies and ensure industry leading practice.
- Implement and evaluate Key Performing Indicators (KPI's) ensuring staff meets established daily benchmark productivity targets.
- Oversee and manage process improvement initiatives that will yield quality financial and cost saving opportunities across the Revenue Cycle.
- Evaluate and develop appropriate operational controls and processes to accommodate changes.
- Apprise financial clearance staff of state-specific regulations and legislation, as applicable.
- Keep abreast of changes in the healthcare financial arena, regulations and processing insurance information and disseminate to team members.
- encourages creativity, open dialogue on work issues, professional growth, and a consistent, high level of performance.
- Create, implement and standardize policies, procedures and workflows.
- Observes and evaluates employees and work procedures to ensure quantity and quality standards as well as service standards are met.
- Provide education to internal and external customers as relates to changes in regulations and processes in the Managed Care Industry.
- Attend and participate in state sponsored hospice workshop and education as related to Managed Care including Managed Medicaid.
- Comply with denial management policies and track trends in front-end eligibility and registration denials.
- Monitor performance to ensure that all accounts contain all patient demographic, financial and clinical information necessary to ensure clinical and financial clearance.
- Manage the department dashboard and design action plans as issues are identified within the unit.
- Create a model that supports the organization's mission and values based on an internal and external needs assessment.
- Monitor the internal/external environment and identify opportunities to fulfill the corporate strategy.
- Set priorities for planning activities for assigned unit.
- Serve as strategic liaison for key organizational initiatives between business units and their customers, both internal and external.
- Assess current operational business models and develop appropriate new models as needed.
- Approve personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure proper staffing
- Participate in policy development.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program