New Year | New You| New Opportunities
A New 2019 Beginning with VITAS Healthcare
Join our Dynamic Team as Hospice Admissions Liaison
- Full Time position
- Morning shifts
- This position will be dedicated to UCI
The Admission Liaison’s primary responsibility is to support the development of appropriate referrals by creating and sustaining educational and consultative relationships with referral sources in assigned accounts and to present VITAS services and philosophy to patients and families in a manner that results in the admission of appropriate patients who choose hospice services.
- Assist in the information gathering, education, and form completion aspects of patient intake, admissions, and transition to care.
- Develop a consultative relationship, in assigned accounts by making effective customer contacts and presentations.
- Evaluate patients for potential hospice appropriateness (e.g. medical records review) as ordered by the physician.
- Obtain agreement for admission of referred patients and families who meet admission criteria and who make an informed decision about the services.
- Maintain clinical and professional competence with emphasis on expertise in clinical appropriateness and pain and symptom management, eligibility requirements and the coordination of care.
- Take the initiative in developing effective relationships with senior management, admissions, and patient care colleagues.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of the principles of the education and consultative process with the ability to further develop these skills.
- Ability to support education activities with referral sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers individually and in group settings.
- Knowledge of clinical manifestations of diseases and ability to learn VITAS pain and symptom management guidelines.
- Ability to use VITAS information system and mobile technology platforms.
- Must be able to plan and prioritize their responsibilities in a manner that maximizes business results.
- Must be able to utilize independent judgment and discretion to manage a territory, to set appointments with key individual and/or groups, to conduct calls and presentations to support VITAS.
- Demonstrated capacity to learn clinical knowledge as well as VITAS pain and symptom management guidelines.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program