Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The VITAS Healthcare Telecare RN is a member of the interdisciplinary team who is the pivotal person responsible for identifying the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of those patients and families needing assistance after normal business hours. He/she initiates appropriate interventions to the patients and families by utilizing the nursing process, the VITAS Palliative Care Guide, and Telecare Protocols during alternate hours.
- Provide clinical assessment and intervention utilizing the nursing process, VITAS Palliative Care Guide, and Triage Protocols.
- Serve as the patient and family advocate by communicating with the attending physicians, long term care facility staff, case managers, and others external to VITAS as necessary. Provides collaboration with LPN/LVN’s.
- Coordinate all service delivery after hours including patient and family education, dispatching of interdisciplinary visits, and coordination of services with external vendors and resources as needed.
- Provide support and collaboration with Telecare staff to ensure favorable patient outcomes.
- Provide bereavement support to families.
- Document interactions with patients, families, contacts, and vendors in the patient record to include the assessment, plan of care, caller agreement to the plan, any actions and interventions and the resolution of each patient/family interaction.
- Review all entries in the record made by Telecare LPN/LVN’s and Patient Care Coordinators and ensures compliance with documentation Standards
- Participate in the orientation of new team members as assigned by the supervising manager.
- Attend regularly scheduled in-services, staff meetings, and educational conferences.
- Develop and achieve professional growth goals and objectives and reviews with supervising manager on a monthly basis.
- Seek certification in the specialty of hospice nursing when qualified to do so.
- Instruct and document appropriate use of medications, home medical equipment and supplies.
- Appropriately utilize the resources of contract personnel such as Pharmacy, HME, agency staff, and transportation services.
- Promote a customer service-oriented approach to care delivery.
- Support and promote all Care Connection Center cultural platforms
- Compliance with all departmental standards, policies, and procedures with training and education, management of the workload, disaster planning, attendance, adherence, and quality standards
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program